Thursday, December 4, 2014

Assistance Prompt

12/4/2014
Has anyone ever done you a favor, or assisted you in someway, that has helped to change your life for the better? Who was it? What did they do? When did they do this? Why do you think they did it? How did your life change?

The biggest way I have been assisted in my life is by a certain professor who offered me encouraging words and praised my ability and potential. I was feeling pretty lost in terms of what to do with my future and this teacher told me that he thought I was a very promising student and that of all of his students I am the on he expects to really do something great with my career and life. This gave me confidence that others know I have potential and that I could do anything I set my mind to. For this reason I am pursuing graduate school and might possibly try to gain entry into the London School of Economics. I had previously had no clue how to move forward from Lycoming and make the living I desire, but now I at least know what the next step is.

I don't know for sure whether he sensed that I didn't feel confident, didn't know what to do with my future, or if he actually believed what he said to be true, but either way it put me on a different path then the one I was going to be on. It happened earlier this year and I doubt I will ever forget it. I am going to do everything in my ability to make as much money as I can and avoid a life of manual labor and self hatred.

No comments:

Post a Comment