Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Holiday Prompt

12/2/2014

How do you feel about the holidays? Is this a time of great joy for you? Do you enjoy spending it with friends and family? Or do you often feel alone and sad during the holidays? What would make this the best holiday of your life?

I generally enjoy the holidays but they have increasingly become more of a hassle over the past few years. Getting gifts is always good, clearly. The problem arises when it becomes time to figure out how and when I am going to travel down to Maryland to see that side of my family. My brother and I used to just jump in the car and drive down. Now he is out of college and working so he is often busy around Christmas and Thanksgiving. He uses the car that was supposed to be "ours" so if he can't go, I have no way to get down there. I don't want it to look like I don't want to go if I can't make it so it just becomes a mess of stress and anxiety.

What would make this holiday season one of the best in my life would be if travel was made a lot easier and I didn't have to worry about that aspect of it. I always get what I want, so I don't need some miracle to occur for me to be happy in that way. It is annoying though that I'm being treated the same as my brother when he's got a job and I'm still in college. I need material things because I can't work enough currently to buy everything I need. I don't know why it seems like a problem, but it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment