Thursday, September 25, 2014

9/25 Prompt

9/25/2014
Associate an object or an action with someone in real life. Does someone you know have a cherished possession or a unique ritual? Describe it. Use that object or ritual to begin a character sketch about that person.

I have a ritual surrounding my Chelsea FC jerseys. If I don't have the jersey on before the game I cannot put the jersey on during the game, even if they are losing in the hopes that putting the jersey on would turn the game around. The reason I don't put the jersey on if Chelsea are trailing is because I halfway believe that me putting the jersey on would actually negate the eventual comeback that they would have late on in the second half. If they are winning by a slim lead I don't want the other team to make a comeback because I decided to put the jersey on. If they are already up big I feel they don't need my help and also that putting the jersey on might cause a key player to get injured.

Does this set of rituals or rules say something about my overall personality? Maybe. I am a very particular person that likes things certain ways and hates many things people do. I don't have a series of repetitious activities like flicking light switches multiple times or anything that would be typically linked to OCD. I just have an overly long set of peeves and a short fuse especially when I'm in pain, which is almost all of the time. I try to relax separate from the situation that is bugging me, usually by having a cigarette. Clearly this isn't good for my health, but neither is a stay in prison for an aggravated assault charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment